Monday, October 28, 2013

Welcome Home


After some time I am finally settling into my new apartment. The first thing I did when I arrived was scope out the closest Starbucks (addiction at its finest). After learning that there are just fewer than 200 Starbucks locations in Manhattan, I knew this wouldn’t be a problem. To my surprise, the Starbucks two blocks from me was not packed at 8 AM with rushed New Yorkers like I had imagined. I was expecting a line out the door, and was happy to see only a four-person line. What I soon realized was that the coffee joint across the street, Gregory’s Coffee, was the go to place to fulfill your coffee craving. While I passed it on the way home I could see that it was overflowing with people. Although I have yet to go, I definitely plan to neglect Starbucks one morning and give it try (as long as my patience agrees).
The view from my room


There is so much to explore in New York it is almost overwhelming, in the best way possible. It is exciting to see my list of favorite restaurants and stores grow as my time here increases. Everyday I am learning something new. Whether it is simply a new lunch spot, or even a new subway route, the learning is endless. One particular fact that I found quite amazing was that you are able to get your purchases delivered right to your apartment from Macy’s or Bed Bath and Beyond. This option has made moving and furnishing my apartment much easier, and it is definitely something I plan to take advantage of in the future.

Aside from the ease of home deliveries, finally being a New York resident has also made my life easier. Being a resident has given me the ability to get accustomed quickly to the ways of the city. Although I am still in the transitional period of making my apartment feel like home, I know in no time it will be hard to leave the new home I have made here. With the help of some decorations too, it will be home in no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment