Monday, October 21, 2013

Somethin' Bout A Truck


Rolling out of bed at 7:00 am, grabbing a quick bite to eat, and rushing to the morning train has instantly become part my morning routine.However, it was last Thursday that I had the opportunity to change this daily ritual.  

One of the best aspects about working with Mary Dougherty is being able to participate in all facets of Nicole Miller Philadelphia.  Last week I had the pleasure of venturing to Baltimore, Maryland for my first trunk show experience.  With Courtney, the Director of Wholesale, by my side, we loaded up the 22 foot truck with the entire Nicole Miller runway collection and headed out on the road!  We spent three hours sharing stories, listening to music, and bonding over my current internship.  Although I do not work directly with Courtney, she is still part of the Nicole Miller team, and it was exciting to get to know her on a more personal level.  
After finally arriving at Panache boutique, it was time to start the event.  The trunk show consisted of 8 hours of fashionable women browsing through Nicole Miller Artelier and the Runway collection.  Everyone was oohing and ahhing with excitement as they tried on Nicole Miller’s signature gowns.  It was amazing seeing these garments directly off the runway and on these women! As the day came to an end, I reflected on my time at Panache and my capability to sell a brand that I strongly connect to.  It is gratifying to know that my time in Maryland directly contributed to the success of a local business and Nicole Miller Philadelphia.  If given the chance, I would love to go on the road again; and maybe this time I will walk away with something to add to my closet! 



No comments:

Post a Comment