Friday, November 1, 2013

the importance of keys

This week I got locked out of the showroom. I was bringing the rack outside and, boom, the door shut and locked behind me, leaving me alone outside with no key or phone. I had to go to a nearby store to borrow there phone, and thats when the real fun began. I was told to ring the bells of people who lived above the store in order to get in to the backyard and then sneak in to the back window of the showroom. Of course, I went in to the wrong backyard. Twice. 

After trying every other way I could think of to get in to the store, and having the dog, Duke, stare me down through the window, my boss called and said the landlord was on his way to open the door with his extra set of keys. I have never been so glad to see someone I didn't know in my life. Luckily I was able to laugh at the absurdity of the situation multiple times so I was not totally crushed by the experience. Lesson of the week: have a set of keys on you at all times. 
Seriously.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like it was quite an ordeal! Ive forgotten my key card before but never had to go through all that!!! At least you are okay and were able to get back in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete