Wednesday, November 27, 2013

THE SIMPLE THINGS IN LIFE


Working full time has been a lot harder than I would have expected. I have learned to enjoy the little aspects of work that can make my happy. Beyond all of the positive aspects of work the thing that I adore the most is the view. My department is located on the 21st floor over looking the entire city! Every night the Empire State building is magnificently lit in colors that suit the season. the sky is transformed into a beautiful rainbow of cotton candy clouds, it is breath taking. 

People from other departments rush in around 5 o'clock to see the spectacular view. All of the designers and the interns break out our phones and take pictures of the sun set every night. I have about 12 photos of the view saved on my phone. I believe that this is my favorite aspect of work because it is out of my control. While actually working I feel as though I am constantly under pressure. I feel that if I mess something up it is all riding on me! With the sun set there is no pressure it simply is beautiful because it wants to be.   

3 comments:

  1. That view is beautiful!! It must be an amazing feeling to see the sunset come down on the city every day. Hope you are enjoying your time at MK! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so lucky to be able to have that view everyday! My office happens to have very few windows by my desk so by the time I have to opportunity to see the outdoors its dark!

    ReplyDelete