Thursday, November 21, 2013

Looking Forward to the Holidays

      Thanksgiving is by far my favorite holiday of the year; it's all about friends, family, and food.  Today, my office had a Thanksgiving lunch with an entire turkey dinner and for the first time since I have worked here, my entire department sat down and ate together.  Considering everyday we all tend to sit at our desks and eat, this was a really nice change.  These past few weeks have been really stressful considering the holidays and Black Friday are almost upon us.  Everyone taking an hour to enjoy each others company was exactly what the doctor ordered.
     Another reason I love Thanksgiving is because it's the one time of the year that my family comes to New York to celebrate at my house.   This term has made it a little harder for me to look forward to the holidays because being on co-op, we don't have that amazing three week break between terms.  It makes me sad to think that I will be losing some of the time I ordinarily would be spending with my family and friends back in New York.  Luckily, my boss is super understanding and is allowing me to take some long weekends and a few days here and there so I will have the chance to spend the holidays at home.  Thanksgiving will be there first time I have been home almost all term and I can't wait to take part in all of my family traditions such as, waking up to watch the Macy's day parade and then continuing with the dog show and eventually the evening football games and obviously ending the day in a complete food coma.  I am even more excited for Christmas decorations to start being put out.  I personally hate the winter, but the beauty of Christmas time makes it all the more bearable.  It is so crazy that it is already November 21st!

2 comments:

  1. I love hearing Thanksgiving is your favorite holiday. Although I love Christmas decorations, I think that thanksgiving can be overshadowed by the December holidays. Thanksgiving is truly the best time to be with family and it's so exciting you can spend it with everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like so much fun! I totally feel you because I haven't been home in a while and I finally get to stay at home while I'm working in NYC, it's really nice! I hope you enjoy Thanksgiving with your family!

    ReplyDelete