Thursday, November 7, 2013

A Mini Vacation


   Since I can't schedule my work week and have to work nine to five, Monday through Friday, I have been missing all of the opportunities I used to have to go home for a long weekend.  This past weekend I went to my boyfriends house in central Jersey; it seriously felt like a mini vacation.  I forgot what it looked like to see rows of trees changing colors or what it felt like to be bake, sit around a fire place, and be super lazy on a Sunday.
    I was finally able to do fall activities like going pumpkin picking! We went to Alstede Farms in Chester, New Jersey; this place was the real deal.  They had pumpkin picking, apple picking, raspberry picking, a corm maze, and a farm store with all sorts of produce and baked goods.  Not to mention to goats, cows, bunnies, ducks, and pigs we got to feed too.  Since it is relatively late in the season, we had to look extra carefully to find two perfect pumpkins and then we were treated to a hay ride to bring up back around the farm.  Back at the farm, we were able to check out the animals and browse the store where we bought a big jar of pumpkin butter.  The pumpkin butter happen to go extremely well on top of the pumpkin muffins we made later that day.  I was genuinely sad to see this past weekend end, but it was the perfect getaway after a week of being horribly sick and a hectic work week.

4 comments:

  1. I know the feeling of not having enough time to go home or have fun, but it sounds like you had such an eventful weekend! Since we are working everyday, it is necessary to take time out of our schedules to spend time with family and friends. I hope this weekend you do something just as exciting :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diana, I am from central NJ and I always love going to Alstede Farms in Chester! It is probably the best farm I have been to yet. My boyfriend and I just went a couple of weeks ago to go apple picking. It is such a cute place for fall festivities. I am happy to see you and your boyfriend enjoyed yourself there as well. It is always nice to take a break from your hectic work schedule to get outside and enjoy the season :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fall activities, such as apple picking and hay rides happened to be one of my favorite activities of the year! They say that Christmastime is the happiest time of year, however, fall takes a very close second for me. There's something about the beautifully changing autumn leaves and the smell of pumpkin, spices and the crisp fall air that instantly rejuvenates me. Unfortunately, I have not had the chance to participate in fall activities this year like you mentioned above however the description of your experiences instantly took me back to memories of my own. There's something about being outside interacting with nature that creates such a calm feeling within us, the perfect remedy for a stressful work week. It sounds like you had a wonderful time, make sure to breathe in all that fresh clean air while you can!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This all sounds like so much fun! Before Halloween my boyfriend and I did pumpkin picking and haunted hayrides, as well as other haunted houses! I really would love to feed the animals as well though! I'm a total softie for those pigs, so adorable!

    ReplyDelete