Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Life On The Road

Travel. Travel. Travel. Every week is a different state and different buyers. For the past three weeks I've been working and representing The North Face in a different state. It started with the sales meeting in California, then back to Pennsylvania, and now I am currently in Maryland. I love it. The first month of my coop I opened, unpacked, scanned, hung, and organized close to 500 boxes of samples. Then I went to California and learned about all the product and now I'm out on the road selling it! I really like that I get to see the full life cycle of the product from design concept to sample products to line presentations to store.

Yesterday after a day of meetings we went to a mall where one of the accounts we sell to is located and checked on their visual merchandising. It felt so cool to walk in there because in the past when I worked retail and the corporate part of the brand walked into the store I got intimidated, but now I'm part of the group that walks in and makes sure the store is doing everything right. It's a cool feeling because we get to tell them what they need to do.

The rest of the week we have line presentations and then Friday night we hit the road to go back home. Unpack, laundry, pack, go back on the road Sunday night. As long as the days get with our line presentations I love meeting all of the different buyers and going to the clinics at night to teach people about all of the technical features in our clothes.

Tonight we have one of our athletes at an in store event! It switches up a day full of meetings!



2 comments:

  1. Courtney, it is so exciting exciting that you are getting to travel all over the country and meet all kinds of new people. You must really be learning the ins and outs of The North Face and networking well throughout the company. I can't wait to hear about more of your travels in the upcoming months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's great to see all sides of the industry and meet all different kinds of buyers! I can't wait to work in New York and meet the department store buyers and all of the specialty stores that carry our clothing and equipment!

    ReplyDelete