Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thankful For This Weekend

Part of our Thanksgiving table! 
    I had been looking forward to Thanksgiving day for so long and now I am officially on the verge of exploding from the amount of food I ate while curled up on my couch watching the Ravens kick some Steelers booty. There is literally nothing in the world I would rather be doing. This is the first time in almost three months I have had time off and seriously I could not be more thankful. I had the opportunity to see some of my hometown friends last night. As many know Thanksgiving Eve is the the most popular going out night of the year and we definitely did not want it miss out on the fun. We ventured into New York City and traveled around to some of our favorite places. Our late night adventures allowed me to sleep late this morning, something I don't get the chance to do much anymore. It was amazing to be able to wake up on my own time and have the Macy's parade and football waiting for me. I throughly enjoyed having this lazy day and spending it with the people who I love the most.  The next plan for this weekend is going to be going out on Black Friday, something that I have never done before. I will absolutely not be waking up at 5 am, but I am looking forward to having this new, crazy experience !

3 comments:

  1. Diana,

    I too felt like I was literally going to explode after indulging in all the Thanksgiving treats. I have been a vegetarian for almost a year now so I skipped on the turkey however not much else! It only comes once a year, so it is hard not to go all out. I am so thankful that I can afford warm meals each day and even when I am starving, I do not know what it is like to feel true hunger. What a blessing! Glad you got to enjoy the holiday with your loved ones, you really learn to appreciate ANY time off when working full time! It makes you that much more thankful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diana, doesn't sleeping in feel soooooooo good? Literally my favorite part of not having work. But also being stuffed with food is also a good feeling, just on Thanksgiving. My office went on the Paleo diet so we can't eat bread during the selling season so we made a rule that on holidays we could cheat, best feeling ever. I'm glad you enjoyed time at home because being so busy makes you more thankful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow your mom’s set up is beautiful! I am so glad that you posted the picture so that we could experience with you! I also did not want to miss out on the biggest going out night of the year, however I spent it with my mom cleaning for the following day’s Thanksgiving festivities!

    ReplyDelete