Wednesday, November 20, 2013

WORK VS. WORKING OUT

Tonight was my first crisp fall run, dodging in and out of people on the streets I felt invincible. However, if one thing could have made my work out even better it would have been running up the art museum stairs – a right of passage in Philly. I love running and it oddly seems much more difficult here in New York to get out and go running. I have come to the conclusion that work makes working out nearly impossible.


I have always hassled my parents to work out, but they always claimed that they were too tired and all they wanted to do was relax when they got home from work. This always bugged me and I never understood how they could possibly be so tired. I am now experiencing what they were first hand. The second I get home from work I want to kick off my heels, eat, shower and sleep. Although my job is not extremely strenuous I am always exhausted afterword. I give my parents so much credit now that I know what they are going through. It is most definitely a challenge to live an adult life.

3 comments:

  1. I can seriously agree with this! I always used to nag my parents to work out and stay healthy during the week, and now the tables have turned. Even though I have a gym membership in the city, embarrassingly enough I do not use it very often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire you for find The time to workout at all! You are so lucky to be In New York surrounded by beautiful scenery. I know with work it can be tough, but I'm sure you'll be on a routine soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dev, I totally feel you! I went form working out every morning to only working out on the weekends! I'm glad you finally were able to find some time, keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete